Are you up to the challenge of trying something new?
How do you know you won’t like it before you try it?
Please try this ~ you just might
like love it!
Cut up a few limes or have an adult help you with this part.
Then squeeze the juice into a measuring cup
Tear a few mint leaves into small pieces and add to the lime juice.
Then pour the minty lime juice into a blender
Add a little olive oil and a dash of salt
and a drizzle of honey and blend until well mixed.
Congratulations! You just made a lime-mint vinaigrette! Take a bow
Pour your super cool lime-mint vinaigrette on some watermelon
Gently stir it around, making sure the watermelon gets coated with some of the vinaigrette.
Place a sprig of mint and tell yourself, “Good Job, Chef!”
This a super easy and different (in a good way) summertime treat!
Lime Mint Watermelon
- 1 small watermelon, cut into bite size cubes
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- drizzle honey
- dash salt
- 5-6 fresh mint leaves
- Cut limes in half and squeeze juice into a measuring cup.
- Tear mint leaves into small pieces, add to lime juice and pour into a blender.
- Add olive oil, salt and honey. Blend well.
- Pour over watermelon and gently stir until all is covered with the lime mint vinaigrette. Place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and serve on a hot summer day!