Join the Team
Do you love working with kids? Can you cook?
Cook,Learn,Grow has part time job openings for Pod Teachers/Kid’s Cooking Instructors. Do you have what it takes?
CookLearnGrow is a professional service offering Pod Teachers along with Cooking and Baking Curriculum.
Our program provides superior hands-on instruction where students gain self-confidence, academic reinforcement and life skills for a healthy lifestyle and a whole lot of fun!
Since 2013, we’ve taught over 5000 kiddos to cook in 4 major US cities! Come teach with us!
Both Pod Teaching and Cooking Teaching are part time, seasonal jobs: Fall, Spring and Summer.
Our instructors come from various backgrounds including, former educators, empty nesters, recreational and professional chefs, foodies, food bloggers, nutritionists, youth and community leaders, who want to help further the mission of food education amongst children.
This is a mobile position which means instructors drive to Pod Host Homes or schools to teach. We work in an amazing cities where traffic is part of life. This position teaches real cooking methods such as knife skills, working with dough, cracking eggs, using hot burners, ovens, measuring, mixing and more. The position has many steps in the process, requiring clear-mindedness, high responsibility and ability to think ahead. Organization and timing are keys to success.
- Facilitate small groups of up to 10 students in private host homes 4-5 days per week, up to five hours per day.
- Travel to host home(s) arriving 30-45 minutes before class start time to set up.
- Assist students with understanding and completing curriculum assignments from their virtual classroom teacher and/or be the sole educator for the Pod.
- Manage the use of visual/audio means to facilitate learning.
- Assess and record students’ progress and provide grades and feedback to district teacher, (if using), parents and CookLearnGrow administrators.
- Provide individualized instruction during independent practice.
- Collaborate with district teachers (if using), parents and stakeholders and participate in meetings as needed.
- Create and distribute educational content (notes, summaries, assignments etc.)
- Facilitate and manage positive student engagement
- Manage weekly parent communications via email
- Maintain and manage communications with district teacher as needed or requested.
- Teach a cooking or baking lesson once a week with provided supplies and teaching kit.
- Facilitate one make up day per month on a designated date.
- Maintain a clean and orderly Pod learning environment.
- Develop and continue enriching professional skills and knowledge by attending seminars, conferences etc.
- Minimally, one grading period commitment
- Keep 6 feet distance from children when possible and wear a mask or clear face shield when possible or adequate spacing cannot be maintained.
- Temperatures of all persons in the home will be checked each morning upon arrival by the host home. Anyone with a temperature of 100 + will not be allowed into the home and/or Pod learning space.
- Agree to maintain precautionary measures to avoid Covid exposure outside of Pod program
- Follow local, state and national guidelines and mandates related to Covid.
- Plan and execute enrichment in-class and outdoor activities as needed.
- Prepare for CookLearnGrow lessons: grocery shopping, prepping/cleaning for class, etc.
- Follow the CookLearnGrow curriculum and guidelines.
- Maintain safe, orderly and engaging classroom environment.
- Attend CookLearnGrow trainings and meetings.
- Degree in teaching or in a specialized subject with a certificate in education;
- Proven experience as a teacher
- Thorough knowledge of teaching best practices and legal educational guidelines partnered with a willingness to follow CookLearnGrow policies and procedures
- Excellent communicability and interpersonal skills
- Strong wholesome and moral values and discipline
- Possess strong cooking skills.
- Experience with classroom management.
- Passionate about teaching children about food
- Excellent ability to engage children
- Highly responsible with strong organizational and time management skills
- Pass background check & fingerprinting and child safety training
- Basic First Aid Certification
- Food Handlers Certification
- Ability to work individually or with a team.
- Safety minded
- Creative and energetic
- Able to multi-task while working under time restraints
- Teacher Certification required
- College degree in Education, Nutrition or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of successful experience teaching or leading children.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT:
- Reliable transportation with room for instructor’s kit and valid Texas driver’s license.
Apply online at www.cooklearngrow.com/join-team/. No phone calls please.
CookLearnGrow is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or marital status.