Join the Team
Do you love working with kids? Can you cook?
CookLearnGrow has part time, seasonal job openings for Kid’s Cooking Instructors. Do you want to make a difference?
CookLearnGrow is a professional service offering Cooking and Baking Classes in after school and summer programs in Austin, Houston and Dallas.
Our program provides superior hands-on culinary instruction where students gain self-confidence, academic reinforcement and life skills for a healthy lifestyle and a whole lot of fun!
Since 2013, we’ve taught over 5000 kiddos to cook in 4 major US cities! Come teach with us!
Cooking Instructors are part time, seasonal opportunities: Fall, Spring and Summer. Afterschool shifts are typically 2-5pm, 3 hours per class with the potential to work up to 5 days a week. Summer shifts are typically 5-6 hours per camp day, with some camps in the morning and some camps in the afternoon.
Our instructors come from various backgrounds including, former educators, empty nesters, recreational and professional chefs, foodies, food bloggers, nutritionists, youth and community leaders, who want to help further the mission of food education amongst children.
This is a mobile position which means instructors drive to schools to teach. We work in an amazing cities where traffic is part of life. This position teaches real cooking methods such as knife skills, working with dough, cracking eggs, using hot burners, ovens, measuring, mixing and more. The position has many steps in the process, requiring clear-mindedness, high responsibility and ability to think ahead. Organization and timing are keys to success.
- Drive to surrounding communities in and around Austin to teach children’s hands-on classes.
- Prepare for CookLearnGrow lessons: grocery shopping, prepping/cleaning for class, etc.
- Follow the CookLearnGrow curriculum and guidelines.
- Maintain safe, orderly and engaging classroom environment.
- Attend Virtual and In Person CookLearnGrow trainings and meetings.
- Excellent ability to engage and manage children
- Possess strong cooking skills.
- Passionate about teaching children about food
- Pass background check & fingerprinting and child safety training
- Ability to work individually or with a team.
- Highly responsible with strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communicability and interpersonal skills
- Basic First Aid Certification
- Food Handlers Certification
- Creative and energetic
- Able to multi-task while working under time and space restraints
- High School Diploma-required
- US Citizen-required
- Teacher Certification preferred
- College or Trade degree in Education, Nutrition, Culinary Arts or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Minimum of 6 months of successful experience teaching or leading children.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT:
- Reliable transportation with room for instructor’s kit and valid Texas driver’s license.
BENEFITS: Up to $17/hour, DOE.
Apply online at www.cooklearngrow.com/join-team/. No phone calls please.
CookLearnGrow is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or marital status.