Join the Team
Do you love working with kids? Can you cook?
Cook,Learn,Grow has part time job openings for Kid’s Cooking Instructors. Do you have what it takes?
CookLearnGrow is a professional children’s Food Literacy and Cooking program providing superior food education curriculum and hands-on instruction where students gain self-confidence, academic reinforcement and life skills for a healthy lifestyle and a whole lot of fun!
Since 2013, we’ve taught over 3000 kiddos to cook in 4 major US cities! Come teach with us!
We are currently looking for dynamic cooking instructors who love working with kids to add to our instructor pool for our After School program and Summer Camps. This is a part time job, seasonal position based on enrollment for three semesters of teaching: Fall, Spring and Summer, in communities in and around greater Austin and Houston. Training begins in early August for the upcoming school year.
Our instructors come from various backgrounds including, former educators, empty nesters, recreational and professional chefs, foodies, food bloggers, nutritionists, youth and community leaders, who want to help further the mission of food education amongst children.
Afterschool shifts are typically 2-5pm, 3 hours per class with the potential to work up to 5 days a week. Summer shifts are typically 5-6 hours per camp day, with some camps in the morning and some camps in the afternoon.
This is a mobile position which means instructors drive to schools to teach. We work in an amazing cities where traffic is part of life. This position teaches real cooking methods such as knife skills, working with dough, cracking eggs, using hot burners, ovens, measuring, mixing and more. The position has many steps in the process, requiring clear-mindedness, high responsibility and ability to think ahead. Organization and timing are keys to success.
- Drive to surrounding communities in and around Austin to teach children’s hands-on cooking classes.
- Prepare for CookLearnGrow lessons: grocery shopping, prepping/cleaning for class, etc.
- Follow the CookLearnGrow curriculum and guidelines.
- Maintain safe, orderly and engaging classroom environment.
- Attend CookLearnGrow trainings and meetings.
- Possess strong cooking skills.
- Experience with classroom management.
- Passionate about teaching children about food
- Excellent ability to engage children
- Highly responsible with strong organizational and time management skills
- Pass background check & fingerprinting
- Ability to work individually or with a team.
- Safety minded
- Able to multi-task while working under time restraints
- High School Diploma required
- College degree in Education, Nutrition or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Minimum of 6 months of successful experience teaching or leading children.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT:
- Reliable transportation with room for instructor’s kit and valid Texas driver’s license.
- DOE up to $20 per hour.
Apply online at www.cooklearngrow.com/join-team/. No phone calls please.
CookLearnGrow is an Equal Opportunity Employer