Do you know the muffin man? No worries if you don’t! With this easy recipe, you can make your own batch of warm, fresh-out-of-the-oven carrot-ginger muffins.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray or line with paper muffin liners.
Mix topping ingredients together and set aside.
2. Mix the dry ingredients together (flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and brown sugar). Then add the carrot, cinnamon, ginger and oats. So far, so good!
3. In another small bowl, mix the buttermilk, egg and butter together. Add that to the dry ingredients and stir until just moistened.
Don’t overmix or your muffins will be tough. No bueno!
4. Spoon your lovely muffin batter into a muffin tin, filling about 2/3 full.
5. Sprinkle topping mixture onto muffins. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean as a whistle!
6. Clean up the kitchen while the muffins cool just a bit.
7. Have a seat and enjoy a warm, buttery, cinnamony, gingery carrot muffin. Life is good and so are these little muffins full of love.
Good job, chef!
Carrot Ginger Muffins
- 1 cup flour, all purpose
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup carrot, grated
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1 tsp ginger, ground
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 Tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup raisins, optional
- 1 egg, beaten
- dash salt
- 2 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/3 cup oats
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray or line with paper muffin liners.
- Mix topping ingredients and set aside.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and brown sugar. Add the carrot, cinnamon, ginger and oats.
- In another mixing bowl, mix the buttermilk, egg and butter. Combine with the dry ingredients until just moistened. Don't overmix.
- Spoon muffin batter into muffin tin, filling about 2/3 full. Sprinkle topping mixture onto muffins.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.