How do I love thee? Let me count the ways…
1. heavy whipping cream
2. pure vanilla
4. powdered sugar
Corny, I knooowww! But oh so good when put together to make this easy, light and kid-friendly whipped chocolate mousse! This version of chocolate mousse is perfect for kids to make because it doesn’t involve tempering eggs which can be a little tricky for you young chefs.
Making this recipe, you’ll heat cream, whip cream, and fold chocolate into cream creating a heavenly-chocolately-perfect-for-Valentine’s dream!
Heat cream to a boil and pour over chocolate
Let it sit for a couple of minutes.
Whisk until smooth and creamy, then set aside.
Pour chilled cream into a mixing bowl and add vanilla.
Whisk until cream begins to thicken. You can memorize your spelling words or your multiplication facts while you whisk.
Add powdered sugar and continue whisking.
Stop when cream is thick and stiff, like this!
Add a big spoonful of the whipped cream to the chocolate ganache.
Fold whipped cream into chocolate by going down in the middle with the spatula and turning it up and over from the sides back into the middle.
Down, up and over
Folding is a technique used to gently combine ingredients that are puffy with air like whipped cream. Would you be my Valentine?
Add chocolate mixture to the remaining whipped cream and say…I LOVE YOU to the nearest person.
Fold all together. Good job!
Keep gently folding until well combined.
Dish some of this deliciousness up for someone you love. Give it to them with a smile and hug making sure to tell them how very much you love them.
Happy Valentines Day; I Love You!
Whipped Chocolate Mousse
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Bring 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream to a boil. Remove from heat and pour over chocolate chips. Let sit for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir hot cream and chocolate together until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Pour 1 cup heavy whipping cream and vanilla into a mixing bowl. Using electric mixer, whisk until foamy and begins to thicken.
- Add powdered sugar. Continue whisking until thick and stiff.
- Add a large spoonful of whipped cream to chocolate ganache. Gently fold until well combined.
- Fold chocolate ganache mixture into remaining whipped cream. Mix until well combined.
- Serve as is or with fresh fruit and with much love!