I love peppermint, don’t you? It’s refreshing, festive and reminds me of my dad. He always had a stash in his pocket. When he came to visit, he would slip one to my dog who happily crunched it up and ended up with minty breath…well sort of. 🙂
Although it’s available year round, Christmas time celebrates peppermint the best. Here’s an easy schmeezy and classy treat made with the popular ingredient: peppermint!
A great idea for a teacher gift, a friend or anyone special in your life.
Here you go: Peppermint Bark. You’re welcome.
The main ingredients: olive oil (or vegetable oil), white chocolate, semisweet chocolate and peppermint candies.
Step 1: Line an 8″x8″ baking pan with foil. Be sure to smooth out the bottom as best as you can.
Step 2: Crush peppermint candies in either a food processor or a ziploc baggie and a rolling pin.
Step 3: Melt a little olive oil and the semisweet chocolate in a bowl sitting on top of a saucepan of simmering water. Then pour into foil lined baking pan. Stick it in the fridge to chill for at least 30 minutes.
While the semisweet chocolate is chilling, repeat the melting with the white chocolate.
Step 4: Spread the melted white chocolate on top of the chilled semisweet chocolate. Try not to let the semisweet swirl into the white chocolate, but don’t worry too much if it does.
Step 5: Peel off the foil and break the candy into chunks. Pat yourself on the back and say: Good job! Then, put some in a cute little container and give to someone very special.
Congratulations; you just made some very nice peppermint bark!
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1/3-1/2 cup peppermint candies, crushed
- Line an 8"x8" baking pan with foil. Be sure to smooth out the bottom the best you can.
- Place a bowl on top of a saucepan of simmering water. Add semisweet chocolate and 1 teaspoon olive oil to the bowl. Stir until melted.
- Pour into foil lined pan. Tilt pan so that the chocolate evenly coats bottom of pan. Place in refridgerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Using a clean bowl, melt the white chocolate with 1 teaspoon olive oil on top of a pan of simmering water. Set aside to cool for 5-10 minutes
- Stir cooled, melted white chocolate. Then pour on top of chilled semisweet chocolate and tilt to cover semisweet chocolate. Sprinkle crushed peppermint candies on top of white chocolate and place in refridgerator for at least 30 minutes to chill.
- Peel foil off and break candy into large chunks. Candy is ready to give as a gift or eat up! Enjoy! 🙂