A is for America, the land that we love.
B is for Birthday, of our great nation.
C is for Constitution and Cheesecake, a perfect American Birthday treat to celebrate the Constitution that binds us together.
Here’s a yummy treat to make for your July 4th celebration: New York Cherry Cheesecake Parfait!
First, pick off the stems of fresh cherries
You can use either a cherry pitter or a piping tip to remove the pits (which are like seeds)
Put the pitted cherries into a small pot and sprinkle a little sugar on them.
Cook the cherries on medium heat for about 6-7 minutes until they are bubbly.
Put softened cream cheese into a mixing bowl.
Add sour cream to the cream cheese
Then a little sugar
And some vanilla and whisk everything together until it is creamy.
Put a few vanilla wafers (or graham crackers) into a ziploc baggie and crush with your hand to make cookie crumbs.
Now comes the fun part…putting it all together!
Add some of your scrumptious cherry mixture to a small glass or bowl
Then add a little of the cream cheese mixture
Cookie Crumbs go in next…
Next are the beautiful blueberries. Then repeat the pattern.
Cherries, Cream Cheese Mixture, Cookie Crumbs, Blueberries.
What do you get? A New York Cherry Cheesecake Parfait…a yummy way to enjoy celebrating the Red, White, and Blue!
Happy Birthday, America! America!
God shed His grace on thee
And crown thy good
From sea to shining sea!
New York Cherry Cheesecake Parfait
- 1 pound fresh cherries
- 1/4 cup, plus 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 15-20 vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Remove cherry pits. Place pitted cherries in a small pot with 2 Tablespoons of sugar and cook on medium heat until bubbly, 6-7 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, add the cream cheese, sour cream, 1/4 cup of sugar and the vanilla. Stir until mixed really well and smooth.
- Fill small glasses by layering a little of the cherry mixture, then some of the cream cheese mixture, crushed vanilla wafers, and blueberries. Repeat the layers: cherries, cream cheese mixture, cookie crumbs, blueberries.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Afterwards, take it out, say the pledge of allegiance and eat it up! Happy 4th of July!