Here is a super easy classic dessert you can make for your dad for Father’s Day.
Dad’s are always hungry and this will be one of the best gifts ever…made by YOU! He will love it! I use to make it for my dad and he would eat it up I miss him.
Preheat oven to 350. Roast 1-2 bananas for 10-12 minutes. Have an adult help you with this part. Put a mixing bowl and whisk in the freezer while you mix up the pudding.
Add instant vanilla pudding to a mixing bowl.
Add some milk
whisk it together
Add some sweetened condensed milk and whisk again.
Peel one of your roasted bananas
and mash it till smooth, then add it to the pudding. Set the pudding aside while you whip up some homemade whipped cream.
Pull the chilled mixing bowl and whisk out of the freezer and pour some heavy whipping cream into it.
add some vanilla to the cream
then add a little powdered sugar
and whisk, whisk, whisk until it looks like this. This part takes a few minutes, so keep on whisking!
slice a banana or two…
Next, place some vanilla wafers in the bottom of a serving bowl.
Then add some of your roasted banana pudding, carefully spreading over the wafers
Add banana slices on top of the pudding
Top with your homemade whipped cream and gently spread over bananas
Now, repeat the pattern. Vanilla wafers,
then roasted banana pudding,
crush a few vanilla wafers in a ziploc baggie
garnish the top with sprinkles of wafer crumbs and maybe a single wafer and banana in the center.
Tah-dah! Dad’s Banana Pudding. Homemade gifts are 100% better than store bought.
Dad’s are gifts from God. This is a good way to show him how much you love him.
Make it for the dad your life…he IS worth it!
Dad's Banana Pudding
- 3-4 bananas
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- vanilla wafers
- Preheat oven to 350. Place a mixing bowl and whisk in the freezer to chill while you mix up the pudding.
- Place a banana in the oven to roast for 10-12 minutes.
- Mix vanilla pudding by adding milk and condensed milk to the pudding mix. Mash roasted banana and add to pudding. Mix well and set aside.
- Add heavy whipping cream, vanilla and powdered sugar to the chilled mixing bowl. Whisk until thick and creamy with soft peaks
- Slice 2-3 bananas and set aside.
- Assemble beginning with a layer of vanilla wafers. Then add a layer of pudding. Next a layer of bananas followed by a layer of whipped cream.
- Repeat layers and garnish with vanilla wafer crumbs and a single wafer and banana slice. Serve to your dad with a kiss and hug.