Hello, my name is Brooke, and I’m going to tell you about fried okra. I have a little garden in my back yard, and one thing we grow is okra. Every Sunday, my 90-year old great grandaddy cooks fried okra for my family.
It’s really good. Here’s how you can make it:
- Cut okra into little disks (ask mom or dad for help)
- Soak the okra in buttermilk.
- In a plastic baggie, mix equal parts of flour and cornmeal.
- Add Zatarain’s Creole Seasoning to your taste.
- Put okra in the baggie and shake to coat.
- Deep fry the battered okra in oil on the stove (ask mom or dad to help)