Colder days bring wishes for warm and coziness. Nothing starts a day off better than warm bacon and eggs! Here is a fun and easy version called Bacon & Egg Cups. Easy-schmeesy and fun to make the morning after a sleepover with friends.
Here’s the step by step how-to: (the print out recipe is below)
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12-tin muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray
Step 2: Place a slice of bacon around the sides of each muffin cup
Step 3: Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.
Step 4: Crack 6 eggs into a bowl that has a pour spout
Step 5: Add 1/2 cup shredded cheese to eggs
Step 6: Add 1/2 cup half and half (you could use 1/4 cup heavy cream plus 1/4 cup whole milk if you want them to be puffy…puffy is cute!)
Step 8: Whisk together
Get creative…add your favorite veggies or herbs. I added fresh thyme…it’s your world, go for it!
Step 9: Pour into muffin pan and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
Step 10: Cups are done when a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean
Tah-dah: Bacon and Egg Cups! Happy Cooking
Bacon & Egg Cups
- 12 slices bacon
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup half and half (equal parts whole milk & heavy cream)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh herbs (thyme, basil, parsley, etc)-optional
- 1/2 cup your favorite vegetable, chopped-optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12 cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Line sides of each muffin cup with a slice of bacon. Bake for about 10 mins.
- Add eggs, half and half, cheese, salt, pepper, herbs and veggies to a bowl with a pour spout. Whisk together.
- Pour into muffin pan and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Check doneness with a toothpick inserted into the middle. Toothpick should come out clean.
- Ring the dinner bell or send a text to your friends and family that breakfast is ready! Happy Cooking :)