Join the Team
Need hours for your degree plan? Love working with kids? Can you cook?
Cook,Learn,Grow has PAID internships for Kid’s Cooking Instructors and Social Media Interns. Do you have what it takes?
Cook, Learn, Grow is a team of professionally trained educators and chefs that work in partnership with schools and communities to lead unique food literacy programs which allow young people to learn critical life skills, gain tools for creative expression and have successful experiences that build self-esteem and confidence.
- Gain hands-on teaching and classroom management training and experience.
- Gain curriculum development, time management and leadership training and experience.
- Gain real-world career experience
- Gain required hours for degree plan while getting paid
- Make a difference in a child’s life.
Instructor Responsibilities include:
- Driving to various locations in and around Austin, Houston, Dallas, or Seattle, (whichever city is applicable), to teach provided food literacy/cooking curriculum
- Prepare for Cook, Learn, Grow lessons; run class related errands including but not limited to grocery shopping, prepping/cleaning for class, etc.
- Maintain safe and engaging classroom environment
- Communicate effectively and professionally with children, parents and other Cook, Learn, Grow staff.
- GPA minimum: 3.0
- Possess strong cooking skills
- Minimum 6 months of experience working with children
- Possess a teacher’s heart and a kid magnet
- Excellent ability to engage and manage children
- Able to commit for a 4-month minimum
- Available 2-5pm, M-F, 1-5 days; depending on enrollment (Spring & Fall)
- Available 8-5pm, M-Th, June-Aug, depending on enrollment (Summer)
- Pass background check & fingerprinting
- Have reliable transportation and valid driver’s license
- Secure place to store Cook,Learn,Grow teaching kit for duration of semester, including small space in a refrigerator
- able to lift 15-20 pounds
- Strong organizational skills and time management
- Responsible and trustworthy
This is a very positive, rewarding and part time opportunity based on enrollment.
- Locations: Austin, Houston, Dallas, Seattle
- Part-time; seasonal