Good morning sunshine; it’s back to school time!
Here are our Top 5 Kid-Friendly Breakfast Ideas to start the day with brain power, boosted metabolism and overall healthy goodness.
Say good morning to these:
1. Boiled Eggs. What could be easier to make ahead of time, with a 3-4 day refrigerated shelf life and perfect for on the go. Add a piece of fruit and make the morning good. Kid’s love these, especially as finger food…no utensils needed. The ultimate healthy fast food option.
2. Yummy Yogurt. Got a picky eater? Try this superfood blank canvas…let your child add their favorite nuts for healthy fat and a little crunch, favorite fruit for nutrients and antioxidants, a drizzle of honey for sweetness and you have a protein packed, healthy and fast breakfast to start the day off right. No recipe needed and kid-friendly.
3. Oatmeal! It’s a great dish to change up with the seasons. Fall is a good time for Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal…add a dash or two of cinnamon, some chopped apples and a drizzle of maple syrup and enjoy a bowl of healthy comfort food. For Winter, try chopped orange segments with a dash of ginger or anise and drizzle of honey. Spring means berries! Add your favorite berry, chopped nuts and a little honey. Oatmeal is the king of healthy carbs!
4. Make a toast to TOAST! A versatile food with countless topping options. Toasts are a great way to add veggies, cheese and other protein options all in one place. Add fresh avocado with sliced boiled eggs. What about pesto with tomatoes and sliced lunch meat. Why not spread a little fresh cheese for protein, some jam and top with chopped almonds. Delish and fun for kids to make with funny faces and creative toasts.
5. Smoothies! These are the champion for quick, easy, healthy and with endless options, you could drink the rainbow every week. Make a blender full and serve several hungry humans.
Our favorite is The Chunky Monkey: (serves 2)
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 Tbls chocolate protein powder
- 1/2 banana
- 2 Tbls organic peanut butter powder (regular peanut butter works great too!)
- 1/2-3/4 cup Water (for preferred consistency)
- 2-3 cubes of Ice
Breakfast is such an important meal that we should never miss, especially kids. Healthy, protein packed breakfast foods have staying power, give us mental clarity, boost our metabolism and help us stay heart healthy. Kid’s need this. We all need this. Breakfast is the meal of champions!
We really hope you try these and see for yourself. What are some of your favorite “on-the-go” and healthy breakfast ideas?