Rosh Hashanah is a biblical holiday that means Head of the New Year which happens in the Fall. It is the beginning of a new year according to the biblical calendar as well as the beginning of the biblical Fall Feasts and High Holy Days. It is a very rich, meaningful time for self reflection, forgiveness, good deeds and new beginnings. Much like the secular New Year celebrated on January 31st.
Apples and honey are traditional foods eaten during Rosh Hashanah because it symbolizes sweetness. So people enjoy apples and honey in hopes for a “sweet” New Year.
If you would like to celebrate this biblical holiday, then you should try this super easy Honey Apple Crisp.
So easy and sweet! (the printable recipe is below).
First, wash your hands and then preheat the oven to 350.
1. Peel, core and chop a few granny smith apples and place in a baking dish.
2. add a little lemon juice to some water and pour over chopped apples.
3. drizzle honey over apples
4. sprinkle cinnamon on top of apples
5. in a separate bowl, mix brown sugar,
and a little flour.
6. sprinkle oatmeal mixture on top of apples and then drizzle on a little melted butter.
7. Place in the preheated oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until apples are tender.
This is what you get. Sweet Honey Apple Crisp.
I hope you try this!
I wish you a Happy and Sweet New Year full of Blessings![recipe]