This week in class, our young chefs practiced their knife skills while having fun with food. They sliced and diced their way to delicious Crazy Cobb Salads and learned how to make a vinaigrette.
Aren’t they cute!
The handy dandy print out recipe is below.
Crazy Cobb Salad
- 1/2 pound fully cooked ham
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 1 small head of Romaine lettuce
- handful cherry tomatoes
- 1-2 cucumbers, depending on size
- handful olives
- 2 T balsamic vinegar
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 6-8 T extra virgin olive oil
- Slice the ham into 1/2-inch strips. Slice the hard boiled eggs into ½-inch thick rounds and set aside.
- Chop tomatoes and cucumbers into large dice and set aside. Chop lettuce into large pieces and set aside.
- In a liquid measuring cup, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients and set aside.
- In a large bowl toss the romaine with a little of the dressing. Put the dressed greens onto a large serving dish. Using the other veggies, create your own face, flower or other fun and crazy design! Have fun with your food! Drizzle with the remaining dressing and serve with a smile. :)