This week in cooking class, the chefs put their knife skills and vegetable-eating courage to the test.
They chopped, chopped, chopped and chopped some more to create the vegetable dish, Ratatouille.
We are happy to tell you almost all of the kids liked it!
They LIKED it!
Below is the recipe so you can like it too.
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more as needed
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 cups eggplant, diced
- 1 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup zucchini squash, diced
- 1 cup yellow squash, diced
- 1 1/2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh Italian flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Chop the veggies into 1-inch or bite-size pieces and set aside.
- Preheat a large skillet to medium-high heat. Add the olive oil to the hot pan.
- Add the chopped veggies and garlic. Cook on medium high heat until veggies are softened, stirring occasionally.
- Add the fresh herbs and salt. Mix well and taste. Add more salt if needed.
- Serve with french bread; Bon Apetit'!