How about an amazing chocolate treat for this very special week? I have the perfect recipe for you!
This recipe will give you four amazing Chocolate Molten Cakes that are perfect for your Valentine!
To start making the treats, you will need to preheat the oven to 400 degrees and place a cookie sheet on the rack inside.
Then grab four ramekins, which are small baking dishes for an individual serving. Using nonstick cooking spray or 1 tablespoon of butter, coat the inside of each ramekin and set aside.
For the next step, melt the chocolate chips and a stick of butter.
Place both ingredients into a microwave safe bowl and begin to warm them up for about 20 seconds. Stir and melt for 10 more seconds and check again. Continue to check on the chocolate until it is completely melted and able to mix together. Stir well and set aside to cool before adding to the other mixture.
In a large mixing bowl, crack 2 large eggs and add 3/4 cup of sugar and 3 tablespoons of flour.
Once the melted chocolate mixture has cooled, slowly add to the egg mixutre and blend well. Be sure the chocolate is cooled because if you add it while it’s still really warm, it will scramble the eggs. Chocolate scrambled eggs? No thanks We want the oven to do all the cooking! If you would like, you can add in white chocolate chips to add even more flavor.
After you have blended the mixtures together, divide it up evenly into the four ramekins and carefully place on the preheated baking sheet. Do you promise to be careful? Ok, thanks!
Once in the oven, you will bake until the tops are shiny and cracked with the chocolate underneath perfectly ooey-gooey. This usually takes about 18-20 minutes.
When the kitchen smells like a wonderful warm and fuzzy chocolate factory, the molten cakes are done.
After they have cooled for 10-15 minutes, grab a spoon and serve this to someone you love…your parents, best friend, grandparents, even your sister or your brother. Now that would be a super way to show someone you love them.
Oh, and to make the treat even better, add a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Happy Valentines Day! :)
Chocolate Molten Cakes
- 1 Tablespoon butter, softened or nonstick cooking spray for coating ramekins
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 stick butter, unsalted
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 Tablespoons flour, all purpose
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 400. Place a baking sheet into the oven. Coat four ramekins with the butter or nonstick cooking spray.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and the butter for 30-40 seconds or until melted. Stir well and set aside to cool.
- In a second mixing bowl, combine eggs, sugar and flour. Add cooled chocolate and blend well. Fold in white chocolate chips, if using. Divide mixture evenly into each ramekin and carefully place on preheated baking sheet.
- Bake until tops are shiny and cracked and chocolate beneath is hot and gooey; about 18-20 minutes.
- Get a spoon and dig in! A dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream would make this a perfect Valentine treat!