Puppy Chow is Chex cereal with a chocolatey taste and powdered sugar coated on top. One time my friends and I were playing a game called “Chopped” (like the show on Food Network), where 3 people are given crazy ingredients, and you are supposed to make a dish out of them. We were asked to make a dessert, but one of the ingredients was potato chips.
I sat in the kitchen for about 1 minute trying to think of what to do with the chips. Suddenly, I thought of Puppy Chow!
I melted the butter, peanut butter, chocolate and vanilla together to make the chocolate layer. Then I put the chips (which substituted for the Chex cereal) in the chocolate mixture. Finally, I poured the powdered sugar on top.
It turned out really good! I was so happy and relieved. But I have to recommend using the Chex cereal instead of chips. It is definitely a little healthier!
Hope you enjoy.
Bryn's Puppy Chow
- 9 cups Chex cereal
- 1 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar
- Melt together chocolate, peanut butter and butter. Then stir in vanilla
- Pour this mixture over Chex Mix in a large bowl and stir until covered.
- Combine powdered sugar and Chex Mix mixture in a large plastic bag and shake until covered.
- Pour out onto waxed paper until dried out a little bit. Enjoy!