Do you like to eat pasta? Have you ever made homemade pasta? Well today is your day!
If you like to get your hands in the flour, use a rolling pin and eat lotsa pasta…this is the recipe for you!
Super easy, oh so yummy and fun to do with friends
Here’s the step by step how-to:
Step 1: Measure 3 cups of flour and put into a food processor.
Step 2: Crack open 4 eggs
Step 3: Add 1 Tablespoon of vegetable or olive oil to the eggs
Step 4: Add 1/4 teaspoon salt (or a small dash, pinch, shake…not too much)
Step 5: Whisk the eggs, oil, and salt together. Then add to the flour in the processor
Step 6: Process on high until dough comes together and forms a ball or looks like a clump of wet sand. Pasta dough should be a just a little bit sticky. You can add a drizzle (about 1 teaspoon) of warm water if mixture is too dry. But only a drizzle at a time.
Step 7: Place dough on a lightly floured surface (the table or countertop) and knead until it is smooth and not sticky; about 15-20 times. You may need to add a tiny sprinkle of flour if the dough sticks to the countertop…just be careful not to add too much. A little at a time. You’ll know when it’s just right!)
When you knead, fold the top down, then push with the palm of your hand, then turn the dough clockwise. Fold, push, turn…Fold, push, turn…sing it with me: Fold, push, turn. We tap our toe while while knead and sing! Try it, it’s fun!
Step 8: Wrap the pasta dough in plastic wrap and let it rest for 20-30 minutes. This is important for the pasta to be light and tender to eat. While it’s resting, clean up the mess and get ready for more fun! It’s also time to get a large pot, fill it with 3/4 full of water and get it on the stove to boil.
Step 9: Now it’s time to roll the dough into a rectangle shape and roll it very, very thin. Thinner than a flour tortilla. So thin, that when you hold it up, you can almost see through it. If it’s not thin enough, it’s going to be way too thick once you cook it.
Step 9: Cut your super thin pasta into 1/4-inch strips of fettuccine pasta!
Step 10: Pull up your beautiful fettucinni and place it on a lightly floured sheet pan.
Step 11: Place fresh pasta into a large pot of boiling water. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until pasta floats to the top and is light and fluffy.
Put some of your favorite marinara sauce on it and let the pasta party begin!
What do you think? Are you going to try this? You can do it! Leave a comment and let us know, we love to hear from our readers!
Happy Pasta Cooking!
Easy Pasta Dough
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- drizzle warm water, as needed
- Add flour to food processor
- Whisk eggs. Add oil and salt and whisk together.
- With food processor turned on high, add egg mixture. Process until mixture begins to come together, forming a ball. Add a drizzle of warm water as needed to help dough form. Dough is ready when it feels slightly sticky. If dough becomes too wet, just add a little more flour.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead dough until smooth and elastic, about 5-10 minutes. Wrap in plastic and set aside to rest 20-30 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of hot water to a rolling boil.
- Roll dough out into a very thin, almost see through, rectangle shape. Cut into 1/4-inch wide strips and place on a floured baking sheet.
- Boil until tender and fluffy pasta floats to the top; about 10-12 minutes