`Want to make an easy, tasty snack? Try a fruit roll-up. Easy and oh so yummy!
Even Santa Claus can make one. Here he is drizzling honey:
If Santa can make a fruit roll up, you can too!
Here’s what you need:
peanut butter or soybutter
chocolate covered sunflower seeds
Here is how you do it:
Step 1: Spread peanut butter or soy butter all over the tortilla…just like spreading mayo on bread
Step 2: Place a slice of banana on the peanut butter near the bottom edge of the tortilla
Step 3: Drizzle honey on top of banana
Step 4: Sprinkle chocolate covered sunflower seeds on top of honey
Step 5: Begin at the bottom edge of the tortilla near the banana and roll like a sushi roll
Step 6: Roll tightly
Step 7: Tah-Dah: a fruit roll up!
Watch this video of some kids making fruit roll-ups.
It’s really easy and you can get creative with the ingredients? Instead of peanut butter, why not try nutella or strawberry jam? How else could you change it?
The recipe is below. Make one and send us a picture with your first name and age and we’ll post it for everyone to see!
Fruit Roll Up
- 1 flour tortilla (or whole wheat)
- 1 Tablespoon peanut butter or soy butter
- 1/2 banana
- Drizzle honey
- Sprinkle candy-coated sunflower seeds (optional)
- 1. Spread peanut butter onto tortilla covering as much as possible.
- 2. Lay banana near the bottom section of tortilla (closest to you)
- 3. Drizzle honey over banana
- 4. Sprinkle sunflower seeds, if using
- 5. Beginning at the bottom near the banana, lift edge of tortilla and roll up like a sushi-roll..rolling away from you. Tah-Dah! You've made a Fruit Roll Up! Now, think of ways you could change it up to add different ingredients. What could you substitute for the peanut or soy butter? Ever heard of Nutella? Good job! Keep on Cooking 🙂